WANTED - APPRENTICES (Aged 16-25)
Are you caring and considering a career in supporting disabled people?
If so then read on:
Thurrock Lifestyle Solutions CIC is looking for Apprentices to join us to learn every aspect of our service and to gain experience and insight into the world of Adult Social Care. Working with people, our roles are varied and sometimes unpredictable; but always enjoyable!
Our Apprentices need to be driven to improve the quality of lives of disabled people and to want to live in a world where they have made a difference.
The role covers:
- Providing support to people in order to enable and promote independence.
- Supporting people to reach their individual aspirations.
- Supporting people to find work, socialise, travel and stay healthy.
- Advising people how to keep safe in the home and in the community.
- Enabling people to communicate their choice and control in the development of their care plans.
The successful Apprentice will be able to display the following skills and abilities:
- A confident communicator.
- Driven to support disabled people to live the lives of local residents.
- Enthusiastic to learn all aspects of a career in providing social care.
- Have good ideas to solve challenging issues.
- Naturally compassionate and caring.
- Excellent at time management.
- Be well organised.
- Able to work effectively under pressure.
- Work effectively in a team.
- Able to undertake basic Food Preparation.
Thurrock Lifestyle Solutions is offering an Apprenticeship salary of £99.16 per week, with on the job training including the Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social care. After qualifying we may well have permanent roles for you.
*If you have achieved a qualification equivalent to a Level 3 or higher, you will need to consider self funding delivery of the apprenticeship framework.
To obtain an information and application pack, please contact Gemma Louth: e-mail glouth [at] choiceandcontrol.co.uk, or phone 01375 370 460 or write to:
Gemma Louth 7th Floor Thameside Complex Grays Essex RM17 5DX
Closing Date: Wednesday the 14th of November 2014